Program Details, NSHC Membership, Member Benefits, Program Pricing & Inclusions
There is a clear demand by the healthcare industry for Evidence-based Health Coach Certification based on an individual's clinical expertise, knowledge, and licensure/credentials to practice. The National Society of Health Coaches works closely with its Professional Advisory Board, professional practice associations, MINT Trainers, and others in professional and private practice to establish its standards for core competencies, training, and testing. NSHC's Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice are based on those of the American Medical Association (AMA), the American Nurses Association (ANA) and the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
NSHC's self-study program, Evidence-based Health Coaching (EBHC)® for Healthcare Providers, 4th Edition, is uniquely designed for the busy healthcare professional and allied healthcare provider. On average, 85+ hours of focused self-study and practice are generally commensurate with testing success. However, differences in individual study habits, reading speed & comprehension should be taken into account.
NSHC's Self-Study Program is available in either a Hardcopy or Electronic version and includes additional online study aids, resources, and online testing.
The E-manual is designed for those that prefer to study online at our website and a current NSHC membership is required to log into the member's password-protected site to study. Please note that the E-manual is a "read-only" manual and is not downloadable, editable, or printable.
**University/college Faculty, contact us for information related to incorporating Evidence-based Health Coaching into a course curriculum.
Included with each Registration
- Hard copy Manual OR E-Manual access (current NSHC membership required)
- Additional online study materials & practice
- 42 CE Contact Hours upon passing
- First-year NSHC Membership free (Membership begins on the date of purchase)
- NSHC Certification Registry (Conditions apply)
- One Free Test attempt when the test is completed within 12 months of purchase. Additional test attempts (if needed) may be purchased in the Member's Store.
- E-Quick Reference Guide for field use
- Online Skills Practice
- Numerous case examples, concept applications, and quick quizzes
- Plus! Wellness & Prevention (Smoking cessation, weight loss & maintenance, stress management, healthy eating & exercise)
- Self-assessments of your coaching style
- Best practice clinical interventions for CHF, HTN, CAD, COPD, Diabetes, Depression, Pain, Pressure Ulcer (via online access)
- 1st year complimentary
- Membership begins on the date of purchase and expires on the 365th day at 12:00 Midnight EST.
- Membership is renewed for one year ($50) or two years ($90). Purchase online in "Member Store" or via check. If by check, Contact Us
- Current NSHC membership is required to log in to access the E-Manual and the Members Only area for updating license/credential information, and to access tools, study resources, testing, and discounted products.
Active Member Benefits
- Personal support via phone & email (Available during NSHC business hours)
- Attend LIVE Practice Webinars to hone your MI and health coaching skills! (each $125 value!)
- Access to articles, updates to health coaching forms, and tools
- Convenient online testing 24/7
- Access to NSHC exclusive Member Email Listserv for professional networking with NSHC health coaches across the U.S. and abroad (No profiles to complete!)
- Inclusion in NSHC's CHC Member Registry that is used by employers to validate one's Health Coach Certification status.
A current NSHC membership, NSHC Health Coach Certification, and an active, unencumbered professional license/credential are required to be listed as "Active" in the Registry.
To view NSHC's program content, click here.
- Per Manual Registration: $595
- Group orders - see volume pricing tier below
Volume Discount Pricing Tier
|Discount pricing begins with a program order for five (5) people|
|Number of people||Cost each|
|( 5 - 14)||$585.00|
|(15 - 24)||$575.00|
|(25 - 34)||$565.00|
|(35 - 44)||$555.00|
The NSHC offers program discounts to Professional Associations, individual members of AAOHN, SCHCHA, AHHCNC, and Active Duty Military and Veterans. Email Us for details.
1. Single Program: Order online and pay with a credit card Order Here
2. Pay by Check: Request an Invoice to mail along with your check
3. Pay Electronically?
a. Request an E-Invoice, payable online through PayPal (our credit card processing company). A PayPal account is not required w/E-Invoicing.
Email Us the following: company name, contact person name, email, number of programs desired, the "Ship To" address (Street/city/state/postal code), and the name and email of the person receiving the shipment.
b. Pay using Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)- Email Us for EFT information. Include your company name, the contact person's name and email, the number of programs ordered, the "Ship To" address for your order (Street/city/state/zip), and the name and email of the person receiving the shipment.
Expedited and International Shipping
- 1-2 Day Expedited Delivery (Domestic) $70 per manual (available for orders placed M-F ONLY during regular business hours - No holiday orders)
- International Orders: Email Us for rates - including the destination address, phone #, and zip code in your email.
(NOTE: Purchaser is responsible for all Import tax or tariffs assessed by the destination country customs office)
Return Policy: Health Coach Programs and Health Management and Prevention Teaching Books are Non-Returnable, Non-Refundable
NSHC or its parent company Miller & Huffman Outcome Architects, LLC may change its standards, policies, practice recommendations, membership requirements, and costs from time to time in accordance with research, clinical best practice, healthcare reform, and market trends. Your periodic and continued use of this site is required to stay abreast of any change(s) that may occur.
The National Society of Health Coaches is the health coaching division of Miller & Huffman Outcome Architects, LLC.